Thursday, May 27, 2010

First Flight

Thursday: Well, here I am at the Salt Lake Airport. It's 3:10pm - one hour away from boarding the plane. WOOT!!!! I didn't start getting nervous until I saw the plane. They're a lot bigger up close. My first thought when I saw it was, "There is no way that giganormous thing will fly in the air!" I still have my doubts, but I believe in miracles. This is my first post and we're still in Utah, so it's kinda short. More to come from Paris!

Paris: I have officially decided that I could live in the air. Except for the sitting down for hours on end, that flight was SOOO cool. I absolutely LOVED the view. Even when there was nothing but clouds I was fascinated. There was one time where all I could see was snow! I took pictures of my first view of the ocean, of England, and of France! France looked like a quilt. So now we are at the airport in France waiting for next flight. (We did NOT get to see the Eiffel Tower :( The French language is beautiful! Oh heavens! I could just listen to it all day long. *sigh* I bought a PARIS magnet for the fridge at work, and a post card for the scrapbook I'll make someday before I die. WOOT for France!























Landing in Rome: Arriving in Italy was an adventure. First, they sent our luggage to Terminal 1 which wasn't the terminal we landed in. So it took forever to find our stuff. When we found Grandpa he was soooo excited to see us. Then there were these...cows...yeah. In the airport. It was weird. Grandpa took a picture of me and Grandma in front of them. They weren't real cows. Obviously. Once we got all of our stuff we headed for the train.

4 comments:

  1. You are definitely my daughter! But... a giganormous plane got me to Korea, so they do stay in the air. :)

    We love you and are so excited to hear about your adventures! Lots of hugs and kisses from the fam who is missing you at home. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG!! Sooo excited! and soo freakin jealous!! ;) haha but have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear all about it, Sammi! Have a wonderful trip! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya on those French accents, Sammi! :) I am way slow catching up with your adventures so far, but excited to read up on everything. Your sis was so cute in church last sunday....she was glowing about what a great writer you are (from what you posted to the blog so far). I agree - keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete