Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Next

Old building: Next we went to this really old building place. Like, really old. And it was more like a really old town, I suppose. Or LOTS of really old buildings.










Once again, it was really...can you guess?....BEAUTIFUL!!!! It's really hard trying to describe this to everyone. The problem with a camera is that it doesn't always see what the eye sees, and it rarely sees the same thing in the same way. It can, however, make everything look the same.











In a picture, the old mansion in one town looks the same as the old mansion in another. And the pretty view from the top of one hills is identical to the pretty view from the top of a different hill. It's not that way for real. They all look different to me, and I find new things at each place, but it's really hard to help you guys see that, too. Ya know what I mean?
















There was one old building, a church actually, that had been built on top of the ancient foundation of the Roman empire, a couple thousand years old. During construction, they had found carved rocks from the Etrustan empire which was like, 5 or 6 thousand years old. Really cool. Some of the carved stones look like cow heads, or dogs, or people. It's hard to tell.


















After that, we went back to Belforte and walked around a bit. I got to meet Vera and her older brother Niko, who are both around my age. They are very nice, but I wish I could speak Italian to them. I'm picking up a few things. I can say Ciao, Grazie, Mi Chiamo Sammi, and Piacere. Not much. But I guess that's ok. We returned home, had chicken spagetti that Uncle Larry made for dinner, and just stayed home the rest of the day. That was fine by me, because I got to read.

Grandma had me start a book series called Maximum Ride back in Utah when we were waiting to board our plane. There are five books in the series and I'm on number 4. I know what you're thinking. "How the heck do you find time to read? And even if there is time, why are you actually reading?!?!?!" Well, that's what I do. Besides, the books are REALLY good! I'm hooked.
Anyhoo, that's all for my first full day in Belforte.

Oh yeah! The poppies here grow EVERYWHERE!!! Really lovely red flowers and I see theme truly everywhere. Grandma says that they will grow on the roof with grass after a really good rain. Gorgeous.



1 comment:

  1. You need to see the movie Letters to Juliet when you get home to remind you of that beautiful country. It is a great show and had gorgeous Italian scenery!

    ReplyDelete